Archive Available - Fender Fuse and Fender Forums discontinued as of 20 March 2020

What's Hot
AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
edited May 2020 in Guitar
It appears as though Fender closed its Fuse and Forums, as of 20 March 2020. Fender Fuse software does not log in either. Pitty for all the presets, I hope someone will do a world of good of making them available somewhere.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5436
    The forums were dire anyway tbf, they took their eye off them a long time ago and didn’t seem to care. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3634
    Are Fender still selling the Mustang modellers?

I found Fuse very handy for downloading some decent sounds, what will modern buyers do now?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
    I think that the only Fender Mustang Amp (not GT or GTX) on sale is Mustang I v2, which is still showing as available on Fender's website, and which uses Fender Fuse. GT and GTX are using Fender TONE app. It might be that they have forgotten to take the Mustang I v2 off, although it is still available at a large number of retailers online.

I am wondering if all the presets have been lost in the process?
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
    TDPRI you mean?
    tae be or not tae be
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23012
    edited March 2020
    I happened to click on a page of the Fender forum, for the first time ever, on 20 March - and it said it had closed that day.

I thought bloody hell, what have I done?  I've broken it!
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hootsmon said:
    TDPRI you mean?
    No, the main Fender forums, and the Fender Fuse website too. I am not too fussed about the forums, but for Fender Fuse the software itself is not available anymore, nor any presets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5436
    edited March 2020
    Amigo said:
    Hootsmon said:
    TDPRI you mean?
    No, the main Fender forums, and the Fender Fuse website too. I am not too fussed about the forums, but for Fender Fuse the software itself is not available anymore, nor any presets.
    That’s a bummer. Can you email Fender customer support and see if they can make the presets available somewhere to bulk download for you?
    Wrote to them just now, hopefully they are still manning their emails, let's wait and see what they come back with. I am pretty sure I am not the only one raising this issue.
    Fender Support came back to me and said that Fender Fuse uses Microsoft Silverlight, which Microsoft deprecated a while back. Along with the Fuse software they also removed the presets.

My argument in return was that whilst I can see why they do not want to support the application when its underlying technology is obsolete, the fact that Mustang I v2 is still an actively sold product of theirs which is enhanced by Fender Fuse, their move may not have been the best. Moreover, the presets are nothing but XML data, with no executable code within, contributed by the community, therefore returning them to the community would be a gesture that the community itself would appreciate.

I may not get an another answer from them, but I thought I'd share my email exchange here.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Shane from 'intheblues'—a fan of the original Mustang amps, who contributed a number of highly-rated Fuse presets—is gathering the Fuse presets from user across the Internet and he will be making them available for download somewhere in due course.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/intheblues/community
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    edited April 2020
    The original Mustangs v1 and v2 are very good amps with the 100w 1x12 Mustang 3 being my personal favourite because it sounded good, every preset was fully programmable from the amp panel, it was light but still had a decent Celestion speaker and a big enough cabinet that helps project and not sound boxy.  My only criticism is that there is no extn cab out in it.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    Amigo said:
    Shane from 'intheblues'—a fan of the original Mustang amps, who contributed a number of highly-rated Fuse presets—is gathering the Fuse presets from user across the Internet and he will be making them available for download somewhere in due course.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/intheblues/community
    The Fender Fuse Software, the Mustang V2 manuals, Shane's presets, as well as the original amp presets and the entire Fender archive of presets are now available at:
    https://guitarpedaldemos.com/fender-fuse-mustang-v2-archive/

Happy playing!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a Fender Mustang II, not used for a while. I wanted to try some sounds out. First problem, as FUSE is no longer supported, it doesn't work on my 64 bit Mac  :'( So I dig out an old laptop, download FUSE and connect the amp to it. FUSE says "no amplifier connected". 

The Windows Device Manager recognises that the Mustang amp is connected.I've turned stuff off and on again, tried different USB cables. Still not connected.

I can understand Fender not wanting to support stuff forever, but I'd expect the old versions to work as they were. Does Fender FUSE work at all for anyone? If so, how do I get it to work?

Thanks
  • Sorted. The version of FUSE I had downloaded was 2.6, which didn't support Mustang II. I now have version 2.7.1 which works.
  • rossirossi Frets: 1705
    edited November 2020
    Thanks for info .Cant find my usb lead so can anyone help me by telling me what usb type it is .Its not so wide but thicker as say kindle usb type connector .Of course once I have ordered one I will fnid one in a drawer but naturally its  a proceedure that has to run its course.
    its worked found one he he
  • rossirossi Frets: 1705
    I cranked up Fuse on my iMac OK .I have  a Mustang 1 that I rarely use now but you can suck some good tones out of it .