How to add reverb to video recorded with Shure MV88

What's Hot
Total Luddite question here... if you record a simple acoustic guitar and vocal video on an iPhone XS using a Shure MV88 mic, is there a way of adding reverb to the audio track afterwards? I don’t believe the Motiv app offers a reverb option. Thanks!

250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    you could copy track into Garageband  - which you can load on to your XS - if you have have room for app - perhaps use from there on in as your go to recorder ..

just found this Thafknar  - another ios app - which really does just recording n reverb - looks very simple .. 

https://apps.apple.com/ro/app/thafknar-record-and-reverb/id572894725

alternatively send recording to a forum member n ask him / her to add some verb - of whatever types 

theres plenty of us here - with time on our hands ..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4801
    I've got an MV88. I don't think reverb is an effect you can get from either MOTIV app - audio or video. I've never tried to edit videos after recording them with Motiv Video.

Yesterday, I recorded a video with Motiv Video with a 44.1kHz WAV audio track. It stored the whole thing as a single MOV file in the Photos app on my phone. I have no idea how to split that out so I could import the WAV to a DAW, process it and stitch it back in again.  
  • If you use the motiv video app, not sure how you split   you can however use the motiv audio only app, then export that to a daw and add reverb there.

I've done that myself.
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4801
    Me too. I've been doing a bit of audio-only mid/side recording into Multitrack DAW (rather than Motiv Audio or GB for iOS) and that works fine. The OP is making a video, though, and the resulting MOV file isn't quite so easy to process after recording. I believe it might be possible to strip the audio out using iMovie, then add reverb and then put it back - but I don't know anything about iMovie myself, so can't help any further.