SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender Mexican Tele Reissue pickups

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    Tadragh1 said:
    @ICBM, would that Bartolini fit in the neck position of a tele?
    Not without enlarging the hole in the pickguard - but it will fit in the body rout. It's exactly the same size as a Strat pickup, without the extra bit of the baseboard where the eyelets are.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tadragh1Tadragh1 Frets: 70
    Makes sense! I have a Keystone pickup in my tele's neck and had to enlarge the pickguard rout. Let me ponder on that...
  • Yamaha77Yamaha77 Frets: 77
    You can buy strat neck routed Tele pickguards on eBay and at axesrus pretty cheap
    edited January 2021
    TV Jones Classic and Fender Mex Teles still available.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited January 2021
    Bit of a reorganisation to keep things simple... only the TV Jones Classic and the Fender Mexican Teles left now.

TV Jones T90 Bridge - original Gretsch mount - black cover/gold polepieces. 7.5K, 52mm pole spacing, 2-conductor+shield cable. This pickup is quite tall at 23mm (not including any raised polepieces), so check it will fit. It has 31cm of usable cable. They're $128 new - £60 inc. postage.

TV Jones TV Classic Neck - DeArmond mount - chrome. 4K, 48mm pole spacing, 2-conductor+shield cable. It has 16cm of cable. They're $140 new - £70 inc. postage.

TV Jones Magna’tron Bridge - chrome cover. 7.7K, 52mm pole spacing, 4-conductor cable. It has 17cm of cable on the shortest core and shield, 21cm on the others. They're $152 new - £75 inc. postage. I can supply height screws and spring if necessary. (Takes standard Gibson-size ones.)

Fender Mexican Teles listed above.

TV Joneses all sold.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    How tall is the DeArmond mount Classic? (Not including the polepiece screws protruding below the baseplate.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    How tall is the DeArmond mount Classic? (Not including the polepiece screws protruding below the baseplate.)
    14mm from the bottom of the mounting flange to the top of the polepieces at their lowest adjustment.

I think I have at least one spacer ring too, they’re about 1-2mm thick from memory - I’ll have a look.

edited January 2021
    TV Jones Classic and Fender Mex Teles still available.

• SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1302
    That T90 will turn any Gretsch into a fire breather
    edited January 2021
    TV Jones TV Classic and Fender Mex Teles still available. 

edited June 2020
    Bump for TV Jones and Mex Teles.

edited January 2021
    PAF Pro and TV Joneses sold, Fender Mex Tele pickups still available - and the pair of cheap Firebird pickups in the other listing.

• Yamaha77Yamaha77 Frets: 77
    Pm'd question re TV Jones p90 
    edited May 2021
    T90 sold. TV Classic sold.

TV Jones TV Classic Neck - DeArmond mount - chrome. 4K, 48mm pole spacing, 2-conductor+shield cable, 16cm long. Price drop - £65 inc. postage.

Fender Mexican Tele pickup set. Price drop - £35 inc. postage.

All sold.

Bump

edited March 2021
    TV Classic sold.

edited May 2021
    Mexican Tele pickups still available.

Now £35 posted for the pair.

Sold.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    Feck. Arse. Knickers.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Another pair of Fender Mexican Tele pickups - this time vintage reissue ones from a '69-style Thinline. These ones are proper alnico rod-magnet pickups, not ceramic magnets on the bottom - no baseplate on the bridge pickup though. Pretty good condition, although some slight scratching on the neck pickup cover at the treble end. Mounting screws and rubber springs included.

£50 posted for the pair (prefer not to split).

Bump - £45 posted.