Thanks! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12906
    Fuengi said:
    100R is 100 ohms. 
    100k is 100,000 ohms. 
    Thanks! 
    Realise I should have explained how it works:

They place the letters R , K ,or M where the decimal point goes.
    For instance

2K2 = 2.2 K Ohm
    100R = 100 Ohm
    1M2 = 1.2 M Ohm

R = Ohms
    K = Kilo Ohms
    M = Mega Ohms
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    rsvmark said:
    Looks great, that face plate covering is really nice. I'd better get onto MS Paint and have a go!
    Did you use any template to get the hole spacings etc?
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    andy1839 said:
    rsvmark said:
    And done! 

Whats next?
    Looks great, that face plate covering is really nice. I'd better get onto MS Paint and have a go!
    Did you use any template to get the hole spacings etc?
    Thanks. Did the design in photoshop and was printed at a local printer using the tear proof plastic paper used on oil rigs. Getting the holes lining up was a right pain. I bought a predrilled enclosure and took some measurements. That wasn’t accurate enough- mainly due to my design. The concentric dials needed to be cock on with the centre of the pots, and if they weren’t it was really accentuated when I put the knobs on. Then I scanned the Enclosure and brought the scan into photoshop. That didn’t work either. In the end I did rough prints, cut them out and looked at how off centre each of the dials were. Then I jigged the design in increments of 0.5mm up/down and left/right until it was right.

i just spotted my 1 big error- I knicked an image off the Internet for the power supply.... and just realised it’s one for centre positive! (Facepalm)
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    In astonishing news, this worked first time!

Still need to finish off the enclosure and hard wire in the jacks and power supply once that's done.

Great fun to build once I'd worked out what was what.

Thanks for the assistance.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Fuengi said:
    In astonishing news, this worked first time!

Still need to finish off the enclosure and hard wire in the jacks and power supply once that's done.

Great fun to build once I'd worked out what was what.

Thanks for the assistance.

Nice work, loving the graphics!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27080
    Nice! Always good when they work first time :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires

It was a happy moment! 

Sounds really good, nice version.
    How can I get more range from the volume? It goes from silent to ear-bleedingly loud in a whisker. Would be nice to have at least half the range useable if I can.

I seem to remember the EHX muff has a similar volume issue. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    The design looks great @Fuengi nice one
    Fuengi said:

It was a happy moment! 

How can I get more range from the volume? It goes from silent to ear-bleedingly loud in a whisker. Would be nice to have at least half the range useable if I can.

I have the same with my Fuzzdog Ram's Head build - with any decent amount of fuzz you need the volume below 9 o'clock. You would need some kind of voltage divider on the output but the board-mounted pots make that awkward.
    Keefy said:
    Fuengi said:

It was a happy moment! 

I have the same with my Fuzzdog Ram's Head build - with any decent amount of fuzz you need the volume below 9 o'clock. You would need some kind of voltage divider on the output but the board-mounted pots make that awkward.
    I'll just have to live with it. Been playing with it tonight and it's usable up to around 10 o clock and a lot of the control is done on the guitar anyway with a muff.

Gets some scorching lead tones and some lovely fuzzy bass side stuff. Really nice when you hit the sweet spot. 
    Fuengi said:
    Keefy said:
    Fuengi said:

It was a happy moment! 

I'll just have to live with it. Been playing with it tonight and it's usable up to around 10 o clock and a lot of the control is done on the guitar anyway with a muff.

Gets some scorching lead tones and some lovely fuzzy bass side stuff. Really nice when you hit the sweet spot. 
    Mine really comes to life when you add some delay to it.
    Keefy said:
    Fuengi said:
    Keefy said:
    Fuengi said:

It was a happy moment! 

Mine really comes to life when you add some delay to it.
    Absolutely agree. I just checked it on a slot on my board for now but I had the Keeley Eccos before it which made for some interesting trails, and Carbon Copy then DD-200 after. Sounds great with all.  
    Made this wet/dry blend thing for my board. Was a bit silly poking the holes through the decal and it's bubbled around the knob. Anyone got any tips for hardening it?  Super glue or nail polish maybe

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3701
    How are you guys getting the decals made?
    drofluf said:
    Just printing it off on this mate https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079G2TKJY

There's an inkjet version of the paper too
    drofluf said:
    I went for the self adhesive stuff and overspray with clear coat.

• lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Fuengi said:

It was a happy moment! 

Change the volume pot from a 100K linear taper to a 100K audio taper. That'll give you better control in the area you need.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    Finished my Echo Dream kit build from Fuzzdog. I've called it the Replica Fuzz Fantasy, don't know why, everything needs a name.

Sounds absolutely great. Lots going on with a nice delay, Fuzz and modulation plus wet and dry and waveform switches, gets nuts with everything up.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fuengi said:
    Finished my Echo Dream kit build from Fuzzdog. I've called it the Replica Fuzz Fantasy, don't know why, everything needs a name.

Sounds absolutely great. Lots going on with a nice delay, Fuzz and modulation plus wet and dry and waveform switches, gets nuts with everything up.

That looks bloody fantastic