les paul junior, model identity help please

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    The Gibson Custom Shop was a separate entity from about 1986.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Source? Not being arsey, inquisitive.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    According to Gibson Custom Shop interwebby it was 1993. Means I'm a year out an all. ;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72390
    jd0272 said:

Certificates for Historic's weren't issued until 2000 or thereabouts I believe.
    Maybe that's why my friend thought it was a pre-Historic.

I must admit I don't pay much attention to the 'case candy' nonsense that everyone seems to get so hung up on.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    jd0272 said:
    According to Gibson Custom Shop interwebby it was 1993. Means I'm a year out an all. ;)
    Historic Division was '93. Custom Shop predates that.

"when Henry Juszkiewicz and Dave Berryman bought the company in 1986, Gibson decided to split the Custom Shop into a separate division within the organization."

• TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    ICBM said:
    Trotter said:
    @icbm quite a whack over a grand, hence wanting to find out the exact model before going further.
    That's top money for one even if it's exactly what it seems to be and in great condition.

A friend of mine is selling a '98 pre-Historic double-cut Jr. in cherry, if you're interested - I think he'd take a bit less than that.
    some details would be great thanks :) 

serial was either 0 6901 or 0 9061, can't remember which now. 

have not seen a case for it as of yet. i'm fairly confident that it is a genuine gibbo, i've had a lot over the years. If it's a fake it's a bloody good one! :) 

• TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    ICBM said:
    Trotter said:
    @icbm quite a whack over a grand, hence wanting to find out the exact model before going further.
    That's top money for one even if it's exactly what it seems to be and in great condition.

A friend of mine is selling a '98 pre-Historic double-cut Jr. in cherry, if you're interested - I think he'd take a bit less than that.

serial was either 0 6901 or 0 9061, can't remember which now. 

have not seen a case for it as of yet. i'm fairly confident that it is a genuine gibbo, i've had a lot over the years. If it's a fake it's a bloody good one! :) 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72390
    Trotter said:

Sorry, I got confused as to who was asking back there!

Anyway - it's a '98 Historic (not 'pre', thanks to GuitarMonkey for info) '58 double-cut Junior reissue, cherry, 60s neck profile, all-original apart from a genuine old (Sprague I think) tone cap I fitted a few years ago for him, in excellent condition with original case.

He's looking for a grand after shipping/Paypal or whatever.

PM me if you're interested and I'll forward details.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

jd0272 said:
    Historic Division was '93. Custom Shop predates that.

"when Henry Juszkiewicz and Dave Berryman bought the company in 1986, Gibson decided to split the Custom Shop into a separate division within the organization."

Ahhh, well that's fair enough!

Sorry for delay, catching up on GOT.