Is this normal for an analogue delay?? or is my Delay Llama a dud...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7164
    whats everyone's view on the good old MXR carbon copy? at 18v nice clean-ish repeats and stays out the way well
    I’m a huge advocate for the MF104M and mine will go in the ground with me... but the best guitar tone I’ve ever heard live was Sharon Van Etten playing a Fender Pawn-shop Mustang Special through a Carbon Copy into (I think) a Twin. Utterly spectacular. 

Basically, modulated analog delay is pretty much always great, if handled properly. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Didn’t know you could run the Carbon Copy at 18V. I thought those Coolaudio chips were 5V spec? I wouldn’t call the repeats clean though.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6079
    whats everyone's view on the good old MXR carbon copy? at 18v nice clean-ish repeats and stays out the way well
    I’m a huge advocate for the MF104M and mine will go in the ground with me... but the best guitar tone I’ve ever heard live was Sharon Van Etten playing a Fender Pawn-shop Mustang Special through a Carbon Copy into (I think) a Twin. Utterly spectacular. 

Basically, modulated analog delay is pretty much always great, if handled properly. 
    Agreed, the Carbon Copy is the gold standard of analog delay pedals. Simple to operate, reassuringly heavy and the mod button is the icing on the cake.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    ^more standard than gold standard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    Love the carbon copy. Also have the mf104, delay llama xtreme, memory man. Carbon copy sits in the mix perfectly
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    ^more standard than gold standard.
    Agreed. Contenders for the gold standard would include the big-box Deluxe Memory Man and the Maxon AD900.
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 721
    Well even Andertons agreed it was faulty. Gone back. Thanks for the help guys