Gibson Tune-o-matic Saddles

KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18814
edited March 2020 in Guitar
Inspired by the current Fender Telecaster bridge saddle thread, I wondered about the most favoured saddle material for Gibson (mainly ABR-1) bridges?
Steel ; Brass; Nylon ; Titanium  whatever.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    I’ve never tried steel or any other metal than brass and whatever cheap alloy the far-east ones are made with, but I don’t like nylon or Graphtech ones.

Given my dislike of brass on Teles I should maybe care more, but the standard Gibson ones sound fine to me.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27080
    Don't overthink it. I have whatever Faber use as standard on my SG, graphtechs on my CS336 and my ES330 had titanium. They all sound like you'd expect them to. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18814
    Don't overthink it. I have whatever Faber use as standard on my SG, graphtechs on my CS336 and my ES330 had titanium. They all sound like you'd expect them to. 
    Thanks for the responses, all very sensible views IMO.
    Not disagreeing with anything said & definitely not overthinking anything 
     I was simply curious as to other's opinions, given that construction materials seem to generate such a range of views when discussed, as referenced in the recent Telecaster saddle thread