Noisey Fuzz Pedals.. Source Found!

The_Whisper_ThiefThe_Whisper_Thief Frets: 98
edited April 2020 in FX
I recently picked up a BAE Hot Fuzz which sounds bloody brilliant. The other day it started to make a horrendous noise and I thought I'd been sold a second hand pup if I'm honest. I changed out everything in my signal chain (amp, cables, power supply, guitar) with no success and thought I was onto a major disappointment. 

I then twigged that there might be some interference from somewhere else in the room. I started with the lights and then turned the power to everything else around me off... noise disappeared. I did this last as I have power conditioners on everything in my wee room at home. I've since gone through everything one by one and turned them all off and the culprit is my Presonus Studio 192 interface!! I'm guessing it's the external "wall wart" power supply but I thought I'd be OK with it plugged into the power conditioner. 

Was just interested if anyone had any similar experiences or tips to mitigate this? It's going to be a pain if I want to record a part with that pedal on!!! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom