An update from SC Relics

What's Hot
GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
edited April 2020 in Guitar tFB Trader
Hello all, while I have been hovering in and around the forum I haven’t really been paying too much attention to things since this truly awful situation took hold of our country (and the world!). I never know if these updates are needed or of interest to anyone but it can’t hurt to let everyone know what is going on at our end.

First of all, my heart goes out to our NHS staff, policemen/women and shop workers who have keep our country going this past while. We all like a good bitch and moan about the way things are done but there is no denying how outstanding our nation is when the crap hits the fan (I know, I know... some folk do let us down by ignoring rules). But we will beat this and come out the other side better for it. Although, it’s heartbreaking tuning in to the daily updates at 5pm. 

A few weeks ago we lost our part time help due to the social distancing measures brought in. It was just too risky to continue working in close proximity to someone else given the dangers involved. Work wise, this has obviously created a bit of a set back. Perhaps more mentally than physically at this stage simply because since losing my help I’ve had to work the good old 7 days a week routine while my wife home schools our 3 children (10,7 and 5). Of course, many of us are in the same position and some of us are in a much worse position than what I’m describing. 

I’ve managed to do my best to stay on top of what I can but what has taken me by surprise is how busy the last few weeks have been with new orders. I’m so grateful for this even though it has left me somewhat shattered. The days have become dramatically longer (yet oddly shorter!) due to the extra workload but all in all it has been quite a surreal experience.

Thankfully we managed to get in some extra supplies prior to the lockdown which will enable us to continue “as normal” for now. 

Something I have been working on for the last few weeks on and off has been the reintroduction of our webstore. Due to the numbers we are now attracting it makes sense to make it easier to purchase items from us. So, I’m happy to say that our new shop is now up and running with stock being added gradually as it becomes available...

https://screlics.co.uk/shop/

Again, thank you for your support and belief over the last few years. We’ll continue to update the website so keep checking in for new bodies, necks and hardware becoming available.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    I was fortunate enough to get a gig working from home just before this all kicked off which has had me going from 5am until 11pm until last week. It really does feel odd to be working while the rest of the world grinds to a halt.

I think everyone with current orders in with you - myself included - appreciate completely that pre lockdown ETAs and turnaround estimates are out the window and are just pleased you are able to continue to do ANYTHING in this time. 

When this all blows over I'd love to pop over the pond and film a little profile piece on you and your work. 

Shop page looks great, by the way. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Glad to hear you're keeping on top - the web shop does indeed look good.

I appreciate you're very busy and wouldn't expect this any time soon - but if I could suggest a request for some point in the future: on the gallery page if each photo stated which of your reliccing levels was used?

Would make it easier to choose between the more subtle options if there were multiple examples to compare.

Again, just something for the future if at all possible. Hope you continue to do well. Not been a customer yet and can't afford to be soon but absolutely plan to be in the future.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    Damn - that charcoal frost tele looks good.

i had been desperately wishing I’d been able to get that Les Paul Tribute to you for the refin before the lockdown. At least now I don’t feel sorry for myself - I would only have added to your stressful workload.

Take care of yourself and your family.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom