SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB mustang pickguard and Black slide switch

What's Hot
Hello,  

has anyone got a pickguard they would be willing to post. The one I have isn’t lining up right. 

Also need one black slide switch. Does anyone have one spare before I buy one on eBay. 

Cheers

michael
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3057
    You need to be more specific which model Mustang it is for? Vintage, Reissues and Squiers are subtly different....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57 said:
    You need to be more specific which model Mustang it is for? Vintage, Reissues and Squiers are subtly different....
    It’s a body I bought from a fellow fretboard member a couple of months ago. I would say it’s move of a vintage spec body judging by the routes. 

I’d there much difference between vintage and reissue with regards to pickup placement? 

cheers

michael
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3057
    edited April 2020
    Simple answer, no idea!
    When I bought a plate for my Squier Bullet there were options due to differences, some have trems, some are hardtail, some have two slider switches, some have a toggle switch.....where does yours not line up right?

Might be worth asking the person you got it from if he or she can remember which model it was?

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57 said:
    Simple answer, no idea!
    When I bought a plate for my Squier Bullet there were options due to differences, some have trems, some are hardtail, some have two slider switches, some have a toggle switch.....where does yours not line up right?

Might be worth asking the person you got it from if he or she can remember which model it was?

It’s a 2 piece ash guitarbuild body.

I can only assume that it’s vintage correct. The route for the bridge pickup on the pickguard seems to be a few mm too far forward causing the pickups to push against the side of the body route. I think I’ll have a look for a USA pickguard and see if it’s any better. 

Cheers

michael