What can 'do Strat' that isn't a Strat?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• aguirreaguirre Frets: 30
    To change the question slightly; as I've got older, my fingers have preferred a more "Gibson" scale length. I've sorted my Tele needs with a History telecaster. What "strats" out there would do the same?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    aguirre said:
    To change the question slightly; as I've got older, my fingers have preferred a more "Gibson" scale length. I've sorted my Tele needs with a History telecaster. What "strats" out there would do the same?
    I think I came across the idea of conversion necks for Strats that would shorten the scale length.
  • thegummy said:
    aguirre said:
    I think I came across the idea of conversion necks for Strats that would shorten the scale length.
    The ibanez I mentioned has a Gibson scale length. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I'm the same - 24.75" suits me much better than 25.5"

The Supro Hampton I mentioned earlier is one of the comfiest 25.5" necks I've tried, but I suspect it'll fly the nest one day all the same.  My main do-it-all is my 98 B7 three pickup Black Beauty with split coil BK Mules, which gets ALL the sounds.  But, I'm always on the lookout for a lightweight alternative, preferably with a Strat-style trem.  

In terms of pickup combinations, I like having all 3-pickup settings, but if push comes to shove I'd rather have the bridge-neck combo (Tele) than the Strat quack positions.

So, right now I have these on my radar:

D'Angelico Bob Weir Bedford.  A weird looking thing, but ticks the boxes spec-wise:
     - https://dangelicoguitars.com/guitars/premier-series/premier-bedford/premier-bob-weir-bedford/#DAPBEDBWMSTCTR

Fender Uptown Strat
    Pricey, but kinda cool - Gibson scale, Double-Tap humbuckers.

Fender also do the Powercaster in 24.75" scale.  It's more of a straight-ahead rock machine, but I quite like the idea anyway

Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    Yesterday evening, I was doodling into my DAW and getting surprisingly Gilmourish semi-muted tones from the bridge position pickup of my AVRI Jazzmaster.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.