SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB : Roland GK-3/GK-2A pickup

honkytonkhonkytonk Frets: 34
edited April 2020 in Parts £
Anyone selling one? Doesn’t have to be mint as long as it works just fine

Cheers

Keir
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• honkytonkhonkytonk Frets: 34
    Sell your unloved GK-3 to me
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Is a GK-2A any good? I think there’s one in the shop I work for... although it may or may not be bundled with a GR-50, I can’t remember.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I have an old one in pieces somewhere. 'Twas working before I dismantled it ...
    ICBM said:
    Is a GK-2A any good? I think there’s one in the shop I work for... although it may or may not be bundled with a GR-50, I can’t remember.

The GK-3 has some slight changes from the 2A but I would be happy with either if offered. I have a Roland GR55 which came with a GK-3B and works great fitted to one of my basses. I want to put a guitar GK pickup on a Sterling Silhouette I own too.
    would you be able to find out whether the GK-2A is available on its own and how much it costs?
    cheers
    Keir

axisus said:

Is the whole kit there and can it be checked to be working? How much are you looking for it?
    Amended title. Looking for either a 3 or a 2A
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    honkytonk said:

axisus said:

Is the whole kit there and can it be checked to be working? How much are you looking for it?
    I'll try and find it. I took it apart to embed in a guitar, but in the end I swapped to piezo saddles.
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    I have a mim Roland ready strat if that is of interest 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    honkytonk said:

would you be able to find out whether the GK-2A is available on its own and how much it costs?
    The GK-2A is apparently available separately. I don't know how much, I don't think they've actually priced it yet - drop them an email at info@strungoutguitars.com

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    honkytonk said:

The GK-2A is apparently available separately. I don't know how much, I don't think they've actually priced it yet - drop them an email at info@strungoutguitars.com
    Thanks for that. I’ll message them this afternoon

cheers

Keir
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14458
    axisus said:
    I have an old one in pieces somewhere. 'Twas working before I dismantled it.
    I would buy one in pieces. I could use it to repair another one.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.