SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Flat pickup surround for trembucker

skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 200
Hi all, I got myself a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 in nickel cover and the damned thing won't fit the surrounds on my Mexican Telecaster. Can anyone recommend one that will fit? 5mm thick and flat and black. Metal an option.

Bloody Seymour Duncan...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72413
    skinfreak said:
    Hi all, I got myself a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 in nickel cover and the damned thing won't fit the surrounds on my Mexican Telecaster. Can anyone recommend one that will fit? 5mm thick and flat and black. Metal an option.

Bloody Seymour Duncan...
    Bloody Fender! Seymour Duncan pickups are the correct size.

I should have what you need, either plastic or metal. Can you measure the overall size and the mounting screw spacing? They vary a lot.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 200
    78mm between screws. Dimensions of cover are 71mm x 36mm. Thanks @ICBM ;
    skinfreak said:
    That's actually trickier than it sounds - 78mm is very small for the screw spacing, all the ones I've got are 80mm or more.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Sorry - I meant the mounting screw spacing for the rings onto the guitar. These vary widely as well - usually the measurements are about 81mm x 37mm, but they can vary by +/- 1 to 2mm.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14457
    I have several unused SD Trembucker mounting surrounds. Any colour you like as long as it's black ... and slightly matte at that. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    I have several unused SD Trembucker mounting surrounds. Any colour you like as long as it's black ... and slightly matte at that. 
    I that case I will happily defer to you on this one :).

Duncan supplies a made-to-measure mounting surround with every Trembucker but the majority of my Trembuckers are suspended through a pickguard.
    skinfreak said:
    I measure the distances between the corner screw holes on genuine Duncan Trembucker surrounds as 81.5 x 37mm. The distance between the pickup elevator screw holes is 79mm.
  • skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 200
    Ummmm. Given that amazing choice I'll take a black matt one please