Recording a Fishman Sonitone USB

Hi everyone,

I recently plugged in my Fishman Sonitone to my MacBook and it hasn't appeared as an audio driver. Contacting Fishman was a waste of time: "we've not had problems" / "try installing a windows-only driver" / "oh no, our pickup doesn't need a driver".

Have any of you had success recording with this pickup system on a mac? If so, how? Or maybe you have a magical solution for something else that might be applicable here?

Help!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• shufflebeatshufflebeat Frets: 105
    Hi Dan

I'm not familiar with this pickup but don't see anything that implies it's anything other than a straight pickup/preamp. How are you connecting to the computer and what leads you to expect it to show up as a device?
  • danowensdanowens Frets: 27
    Hi Shufflebeat. Its the OEM-SON-GU1 model which has a usb out actually on the guitar. 
    edited April 2020
    Got it.

I see the system is licenced by iGuitar, I wonder if this is of interest:

http://iguitarworkshop.com/iguitarusbaudiofaqs.aspx

There is a link to a PDF discussing connecting to Logic and another for general setup instructions.
    Yeah its as I suspected then as my computer isn't seeing a USB device when I plug in the guitar. I've rebooted with it plugged in as sometimes that helps but not this time!
    What's your OS?
    Good ol' OSX Catalina; it has brought numerous problems since OSX went 64 bit only.