This is fantastic - great vocals + guitar content

What's Hot
BucketBucket Frets: 7751
edited April 2020 in Guitar
Some of you may have seen this, dunno - worth sharing though. A mate of mine sent me this a couple of months ago and I just discovered it again. It's an arrangement of a Childish Gambino track and the singer is fantastic, really kills it. But then the guitarist... wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTA71Mb5pJo

Worth watching what the guitarist does from about 3:30 in...
- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 982
    Very talented bunch of musicians and the guitarist keeps the guitar solo interesting..I'm not normally into long guitar solos as to me they become a bit boring..I'm most impressed with they guy playing drum and xylophone at the same time... like patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time :)
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    I didn't like anything about the music at all from the start, so quickly went to the guitar solo. Yeah, quite liked that, kept it interesting
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14002
    edited April 2020
    I knew I'd heard it before...the original Childish Gambino version of Redbone was featured in the "Get Out" movie soundtrack

• Frantic1Frantic1 Frets: 37
    Bucket said:
    Some of you may have seen this, dunno - worth sharing though. A mate of mine sent me this a couple of months ago and I just discovered it again. It's an arrangement of a Childish Gambino track and the singer is fantastic, really kills it. But then the guitarist... wow.

Didn't like the song tbh but what a superbly crafted and constructed guitar solo,and for me it has the main ingredients.....great feel,imagination and a nice Tone....i think i detect some Carlos influence in there too.nothing wrong with that!.....well played that man...10 out of 10!
  • Frantic1Frantic1 Frets: 37
    Bucket said:

Absolutely superb guitar solo....great Tone,feel,imagination and delivery....10 out of 10.....can't say the same about the song itself tho'!

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14002
    Chris Buck's having a go as well, just posted this vid:

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2015
    Hmm...Not for me.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    Very nice. That’s the kind of modal playing I’m keen to master in this lockdown period lol 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    edited April 2020
    Second half of the solo was nice - certainly a lot of feeling but it was a bit "up the scale, down the scale, up the scale again" for me. Perhaps there was something theoretically very exciting going on that I didn't really understand but didn't do much for me. Saying that - what a great tone he's getting out of that SG.