Balanced to unbalanced cable

My 'simple' home rig of Amp to Two Notes Captor to Mooer Radar is already a pain because the line out of the Captor is balanced with the input of the Radar being unbalanced.

Anyone have a clever solution?

Can I just use a TRS cable into the unbalanced input on the Radar?  Or will that be noise?  I've just tried a regular mono patch cable and the noise was awful.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhistlerWhistler Frets: 322
    Are you familiar with DI boxes and what they do? What you are wanting to do is the reverse. There will be other brands, I use Palmer PDIR 01 boxes.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10443
    To convert balanced to single ended just short pin 3 to earth 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Thanks.

I might have a couple of work arounds 

Forgot that my amp has an unbalanced post power amp line out, so can use the Captor just as a load and line out into the Radar.

Line our on the Captor would be better though as it would mean I could control the volume a bit better.
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I've used the Captor as seen is several YouTube videos. Balanced line to Focusrite purely for 48v power. Line out of Captor to another input in Focusrite where I add IRs after recording.

I use the complementary IRs with Wall of Sound after registering my Captor, plus some free ones I have downloaded.
  • spir4Lspir4L Frets: 87
    HI @CHrisP86 how did you end up solving this? I am having the exact same issue...
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    I actually ended up selling that setup (it just didn't get me playing more, as I'd hoped it would).

I mostly just used the line out on my amp and the Captor as a load box.  I think using a TRS cable did get rid of some noise when running from the Captor to the Radar.

I'm currently trying out a Suhr Reactive Load IR.  Have also come to the conclusion that I don't really like playing through headphones!
    I am using a trs cable, but there is still a lot of noise, and it's very annoying...
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Have you just tried a regular guitar lead?  ‘Lots of noise’ isn’t the result of it not being balanced
    I actually re-flashed the firmware and it works fine now! 
    I think it was just due to the cab sim that the previous owner had created/added... Seems all fine now