Best choice Harley Benton?

Hey guys looking to order a acoustic for a friend who wants to learn and get it delivered to the house.

Any experience and recommendations?

Cheers guys
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ZonularZonular Frets: 62
    I should add he's not looking to spend too much, cheap as possible
  • Balrog68Balrog68 Frets: 100
    Not a Harley Benton but it's one of PMT's in-house brand 'Eastcoast'. I've got one of these.Very nice finish and a full, rich sound, mahogany back and sides and a spruce top for budget money.
    https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/eastcoast-g1s-grand-auditorium-acoustic-guitar-satin-natural
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12395
    I took my daughter to PMT last summer to try all the acoustics, the Washburn harvest series was easily the beat out of the cheaper ones, we paid £170 I believe. I think they are £150 now. 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4185
    Quite a few years ago  the Vintage V300 won a guitar magazine, best acoustic under £1000 award . I think it is still well under £200 and I’m sure I’ve seen one second hand lately, might be on here.

that Harley Benton that looks like a Martin D40 is lush . Was always fond of those Washburn EA series too . Craig chaquico or whatever used to play I. Starship I think.  Then there’s APX by Yamaha . 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11792
    Balrog68 said:
    Not a Harley Benton but it's one of PMT's in-house brand 'Eastcoast'. I've got one of these.Very nice finish and a full, rich sound, mahogany back and sides and a spruce top for budget money.
    https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/eastcoast-g1s-grand-auditorium-acoustic-guitar-satin-natural

I tried one similar to this in-store, exceptional value for money.  Some of the range are as little as £99.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • ZonularZonular Frets: 62
    Thanks for the pointers guys, delighted