Scott’s Coronacaster (?) build

What's Hot
GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
I bought a Strat body a few years back and I think it’s been finished twice already... and stripped of course. As you can see by the first pictures it was meant to be a 3 tone burst but this particular one didn’t work out. It pretty much ended up being my slave body for trial and error work.

Well, who’d have thought that it would become my new project guitar during these troublesome times? 

I set about stripping the body down to the wood and sanding it nice and smooth. On this one, I’ve gone the extra mile for my own satisfaction. Thanks to @skippy76 sending me his early 60s Strat body to refinish I was able to take a few measurements and get a general feel of the contours. Although I’ve had other early 60s stuff in before this was the first time I actually documented the details. All in all, I’ve just tried to have some fun here. Hopefully it’ll show in the end results.

I took my time and rounded over every single harsh edge and I also took a fair bit of wood out of the contours to give it that proper blended look. Some (non period correct sized) dowels were added for novelty purposes.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments