SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: Mastery or Fender AVRI Tremolo for Jaguar

carl999popcarl999pop Frets: 47
edited April 2020 in Parts £
Hey all, I've got a MIJ Jag that needs a little bit of TLC so looking to replace the tremolo. Any sellers?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14458
    I have the stock bridge from my AVRI Jazzmaster after I replaced it with a Staytrem. It occurs to me that the AVRI has the Imperial/American string spacing whereas your MIJ guitar may be Metric.

HINT 1) You might be able to achieve the improvement that you seek by just replacing the original MIJ bridge saddles with Mustang ones of the correct fingerboard radius.

HINT 2) Rubber tubing down the "thimbles" reduces bridge rocking movement sufficiently to maintain intonation without impeding the vibrato action.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Hey, thanks for the tips! Just pulled the plug on a new Mastery Trem.... £££ ...but I hope its worth it!

• SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1302
    Hey, thanks for the tips! Just pulled the plug on a new Mastery Trem.... £££ ...but I hope its worth it!

It’s a great trem, very easy to adjust/set up
    and very responsive. You can argue about the merits of it vs a regular offset trem modified or stock and whether it is “worth it”, but in terms of it doing what you want it to do and you not having to fuss with it, it is real set and forget