SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted WTB subtle mint green pickguard

What's Hot
Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1147
edited April 2020 in Parts £
Anyone selling a subtle/dark mint green 11 hole SSS guard? Want mint green but don’t like the glow in the dark vibes
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14457
    edited April 2020
    Take a look in the Parts £ listings. Forum legend, ICBM, has a shedload of ‘em. (I recently bought one of his items. I should post feedback.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1147
    Thanks I’ve had a look but none are what I’m looking for. The search goes on..
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7038
    tFB Trader
    I have a Fatboy one I'd sell.

See here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/AxGjpuxKEnMUt9TS6
    and here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/iN1vQPJd4rLGuirF6

I'd want £30 delivered though.
    Thanks for the offer, it’s not the colour I’m after, I think I’m going to end up buying a genuine fender one, seems to be the only one I like. Thanks everyone 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    I’ve bought expensive high end relic mint pickguards before. Always too green for my taste in the flesh. 
    I tried to go cheap, I drilled the original fender one for a switch, ended up putting it back stock after a while and bought a cheaper 3rd party one, and it’s pretty gross looking. The fender ones are far from white, but they’re a nice muted colour 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7038
    tFB Trader
    It is mint green although it doesn't look like it in the photos
    No I know but I’m looking more for the kind of greyish green like the one in my profile pic, thanks though 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72413
    The frustrating thing is that the one in the middle of the pic in my collection is probably the colour you want - not very green at all, and with a very faint hint of grey - but it's not a real Fender one, the shape is slightly off and the screw holes don't match. Going by the 8mm pot holes it's some sort of far-east one, but I have no recollection of where it came from.

Steve's one is very close to the real vintage Fender colour too, at least as far as I can see in the pics.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1422
    edited April 2020
    Crazy parts do great ones that are supposedly very close to vintage fender (far more subtle than the current production very green ones). I think Charles guitars sell them in the uk. 
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1422
    edited April 2020
    Here is the 62 Strat one they do:

https://www.charlesguitars.co.uk/parts-shop/strat-parts/aged-plastic-hardware/art-of-aging-aged-62-wide-bevel-mint-pickguard

And here’s my Tele with a crazy parts mint guard:

Yeah those do look good, thank you
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 616
    @Alex2678 can you stick some before and after pics up when it arrives.

I’ll get some pics of my real mint celluloid reissue guard up as well as a couple of others I have. 
    That’d be great thanks