RIP Tim Brooke-Taylor

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
     ( Freeview channel) Talking Pictures have said they have been trying to get the rights to show The Goodies. So we live in hope. 
    I suspect they can't be as good as my memories of them but it'd be nice nonetheless. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18755
    'I suspect they can't be as good as my memories of them but it'd be nice nonetheless.
    Very few memories survive the passage of time intact, but I'd love to see the 'Ecky Thump" episode again   :3
    If my experience of recently rewatching " Ripping Yarns" is repeated, I'd be in for a treat :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5163
    edited April 2020
    Being born in ‘71 I sort of missed Python the first time around, so the Goodies were my sort of era, and I think led the way for Kenny Everett and then the Young ones era...I remember them fondly, but then again Benny Hill appealed to me too back then....RIP 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    ISIRTA and ISIHAC plus the Goodies were part of my childhood too. His Lady Constance character always made me chuckle. For some reason there’s one of Tim’s answers in Clue that always sticks in my mind too : Late Arrivals at the Clothiers Ball “Mr Runce and his Wife Runce”. 

RIP Tim. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Oh bugger. 
    I’m grateful for the laughs he gave.
    He’s been part of my life.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Seems the fabric of the society we grew up in has been torn irrevocablly withe the passing of such everyday personalities...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    My dad was a big fan, we had the Goodies and the Beanstalk on video and I watched it a lot as a kid.
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Loved The Goodies. Another of the best things from The Seventies.
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    goodies still funny Python dreadfully outdated
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    edited May 2020
    Seemed like one of those rarest of things, a genuinely decent celeb.
  • westwest Frets: 996
    And he co-wrote the 4 yorkshiremen sketch .... luxury . TBT OBE RIP ...
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    Loved the Goodies when I was a kid, and laughed again when they did that retrospective thing a few years ago. I also remember loving I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again, and I was a huge fan of his work on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue.

He'll be very much missed.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4632
    All the episodes are on you tube.
    Watches the Lancashire Marshall Arts one the other day.  Man did it bring back memories, watching  it on a massive 14" black and white rental TV in the 70s.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18755
    BBC Radio 4 last night at 6.30pm, a repeat of one of the 'I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue' shows from 2005.
    I was cracking up at the sheer joy & quality of it and then I remembered that I was listening to Humphrey Lyttleton, Jeremy Hardy & Tim Brooke-Taylor, all of whom we have now lost.
    Brought a tear to my eye that wasn't from laughter as usual.
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 991
    BBC Radio 4 last night at 6.30pm, a repeat of one of the 'I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue' shows from 2005.
    I was cracking up at the sheer joy & quality of it and then I remembered that I was listening to Humphrey Lyttleton, Jeremy Hardy & Tim Brooke-Taylor, all of whom we have now lost.
    Brought a tear to my eye that wasn't from laughter as usual.

ditto.

:(