Fender custom shop

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24806
    edited June 2014
    Neil;267159" said:
    chrisj1602 said:

People can play lead on a 7.25 radius. There are plenty of recordings to prove it is possible.

Indeed.

In fact anything up until the mid 1980's IIRC. 
    I've made exactly the same point in the recent 'Tele' thread.

Until 1983, 7.25" was all Fender did.

Quite a few people trotted out the 'but if it had had a few refrets' argument. Hendrix bought a new Strat, played it and then either smashed it up or set fire to it.

Apart from being able to bend on a vintage radius Fender, I don't know why he's so revered....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30922
    OK- re custom shop, if you want the best, get a Cunetto. They are arguably the greatest strats ever made, period.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5040
    Gassage;267420" said:
    OK- re custom shop, if you want the best, get a Cunetto. They are arguably the greatest strats ever made, period.
    I've owned three Cunettos, and the other more recent Relics I've bought since, and still own, are better guitars, period! The prices people ask for Cunettos are daft and unless you're a 'collector' there are just as good and often better Relics to be had for a lot less money.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24806
    fretfinder;267682" said:
    I've owned three Cunettos, and the other more recent Relics I've bought since, and still own, are better guitars, period! The prices people ask for Cunettos are daft and unless you're a 'collector' there are just as good and often better Relics to be had for a lot less money.
    And they have the correct headstock shape....