SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold- Tone King Imperial Mk2 Seafoam Green £1750 ono

What's Hot
chris78chris78 Frets: 9485
edited April 2020 in Amps £
Hopefully everyone knows how good these amps are. Coda reckon it’s the best amp they sell and having played most of them, I’d agree. It does blackface on one channel (breaking up beautifully between 4-6) and tweed on the other. Footswitchable.
The Ironman attenuator is sensational though. Tube distortion at levels that doesn’t wake the kids or piss off the missus and it actually sounds good- virtually the same as on full power.
New from Coda and about 18 months old
Roqsolid cover included

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o2f4vaxfab8dkxa/AAD6oXgZU3cQtDIrqb7jQsHIa?dl=0
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5029
    That's lovely. I have a Falcon Grande and that's a nice amp. Phew - that one of yours is gorgeous.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ooof!!! I'd buy that just as a pretty ornament if I had the money, even if it didn't sound awesome (which I'm sure it does!). 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9657
    Chris,

That's worthy of a special photo (Dropbox is not quite as good as Imgur).

Looks fantastic !!!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16253
    So 1950s looking in that colour
    I've had one ,Mk 11, Sounds fantastic but I don't get the Blackface likeness on the clean channel - to me it has much more of a clean Vox sound .The Mark 1 was painfully bright but the Mark 11 set out to correct this which it does very well and it has a lot of warmth in the sound .
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9485
    DB1 said:
    That's lovely. I have a Falcon Grande and that's a nice amp. Phew - that one of yours is gorgeous.
    The Falcon is a fabulous amp. Had one before the Imperial and adored it. @fretfinder also sold me his majesty and that was superb. Tone Kings are the best amps money can buy in my view.

Chris,

That's worthy of a special photo (Dropbox is not quite as good as Imgur).

Looks fantastic !!!

Much appreciated! I’ve given up with forum images as they never work for me

Dominic said:
    I've had one ,Mk 11, Sounds fantastic but I don't get the Blackface likeness on the clean channel - to me it has much more of a clean Vox sound .The Mark 1 was painfully bright but the Mark 11 set out to correct this which it does very well and it has a lot of warmth in the sound .
    Everyone says it’s blackface, in my view it’s actually more brownface. The Knopfler tones on amp breakup are absolutely spot on, but it does cleans better than anything that isn’t a magnatone in my view
  • pruddprudd Frets: 669
    wow, that is stunning
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    chris78 said:

Dominic said:
    Everyone says it’s blackface, in my view it’s actually more brownface. The Knopfler tones on amp breakup are absolutely spot on, but it does cleans better than anything that isn’t a magnatone in my view

I hadn't considered the Brownface tone, must have a listen to some for comparison. 

It's just a lovely clean platform whatever the origin. I run my Falcon on Rhythm with the Tone at 6 and it's superb. Add a reverb pedal and a couple of drives... 
    Fuengi said:
    chris78 said:

Dominic said:

I hadn't considered the Brownface tone, must have a listen to some for comparison. 

It's just a lovely clean platform whatever the origin. I run my Falcon on Rhythm with the Tone at 6 and it's superb. Add a reverb pedal and a couple of drives... 
    I should have said how good the reverb is too......
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16253
    Yes,the Reverb is fab and the overall sound is very "big" and wide
    Sold, pending post Covid collection
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2233
    I've been waiting for one of these to come up for months and the day it does, I don't check the amp section. Gutted! 
    @Barnezy sorry mate. I was surprised how quickly it went, but they are fantastic amps
  • pruddprudd Frets: 669
    Bit pissed off with myself, I dithered on this, should have acted sooner.