Chinese fakes

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• johnhejohnhe Frets: 192
    JezWynd said:
    @johnhe said: Many people want the good things that China can provide - high quality and low cost 

High quality? My experience, limited to consumer goods, is the exact opposite and is the reason I now avoid Chinese made if I can (v difficult in many areas). Chinese metal rusts in a year, screws are soft and fail. It’s all sizzle and no steak.
    In my experience, you can get all types of quality you want in China, but you have to monitor the quality closely. So Eastman guitars are a good example of excellent craftsmanship (in my limited experience). Apple products are a good example. Chinese contractors are building nuclear reactors around the world (and in the uk I believe - but I’m not sure).

I’ve visited factories in China, negotiated with them, organised for CE marking etc etc etc. so I’m fairly confident in what I say. But to be clear - there is a lot of terrible quality stuff too. And to get consistently high quality, you have to pay a lot of attention to processes and inspection.

but my point is the same - this isn’t a simple question. People used to say that UK cars were terrible, because British Leyland QA was the worst in the world. But does that mean that Rolls Royce or Minis or Nissans made in the UK are also crap?

so you can get superb quality, or terrible quality out of China. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4213
    My 2016 Epi Les Paul custom was beautiful. Much better than the USA made Gibson Les Paul tribute I had.  Also love my Chinese made squier contemporary and Jackson SLX 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6835
    Poor quality Chinese production is purely down to the choice of the people paying for producing. As is great quality Chinese production. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4966
    soma1975 said:
    Poor quality Chinese production is purely down to the choice of the people paying for producing. As is great quality Chinese production. 

You are right - there are craftsmen of the highest calibre in China - they're just not making cheap knock-offs for sale on AliGate,,,
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4213
    I was reading of someone who had bought a cheap Les Paul from one of these sellers. It looked great. But the truss rod was just some random metal stem off something that didn’t even work .

kinda put me off the idea  like someone said , with all the money you would have to spend to get it proper you could buy something genuine or alternative 
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3613
    I dont see why people knock Chinese quality just because its Chinese, most of everything you own came from China, or its components did, its not the fault of the Chinese that you buy the cheapest you can find as opposed to the best you can afford, thats your fault.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom