Strat tuner help

I’ve just restrung my 62 AVRI strat and the low E tuning peg wasn’t tightening properly, had a closer look and the barrel was higher than the rest and loose, just took the tuner off and it appears to have jumped come loose inside, anyone had this issue before and managed to fix it? Not the best tuners in the world but I wasn’t intent on replacing them just yet! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14582
    Higher and looser indicates that something has become detached inside the gear housing. 

Remove the ‘head. Bend up the tabs from against the back plate. Take a look. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Higher and looser indicates that something has become detached inside the gear housing. 

Remove the ‘head. Bend up the tabs from against the back plate. Take a look. 
    Just had a look and looks like the screw holding the cog onto the worm gear had come loose. Tightened it up and all seems to be working okay! Bit more of a fiddly endeavour than my hungover brain needed this morning - managed to maim my finger with a termy screwdriver getting the tabs undone (I’m sure blood and grease are fairly interchangeable right?) . All in all I’d call it a job well done though  ;)