SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: valves - 12AX7, ECC83, ECC82, RFT, Mullard, Mazda, Pinnacle, Trigon, Engl - more added

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    You don't have any 6C10's tucked away anywhere, do you? ISTR you mentioning you used to have a Super Champ (or two).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72345
    yorkio said:
    You don't have any 6C10's tucked away anywhere, do you? ISTR you mentioning you used to have a Super Champ (or two).
    Unfortunately not... or I might do but it wouldn't be much use. On my last Super Champ the 6C10 went noisy and I couldn't get a spare at the time, so I converted it to a 12AX7 - by borrowing half of the reverb driver valve for the reverb return, you then only need two triodes. I'm really not sure why they didn't design it like that in the first place!

I think I kept the 6C10, I can have a look if you like - but if so, the triode that's either the intermediate gain stage or the phase inverter is noisy... I seem to remember a 'loose valve' type rattle that comes out through the speaker and not just mechanically.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    Not to worry - all's well at the moment, I was just thinking ahead. I ought to pick up a couple now and stash them for when I need them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom