Suggestions to boost Black Box

kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 225
Hi everyone

I'm really into the low gain overdrive sounds that you can get with a bluesbreaker style OD. With that in mind I'm going to purchase the Snouse BB2 but would like some suggestions for something to stack in front of it for a lead boost. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Mosky Golden Horse 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9616
    Tubescreamer
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
    Klon type
    Tubescreamer type
    Thorpyfx peacekeeper 
    treble booster
    EQ

My favourites are a Klon type or the peacekeeper 
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 341
    +1 for the ThorpyFX Peacekeeper - it's a very versatile pedal. Mine replaced a TS-style pedal (that I found rather limited) and a TC Spark booster. I also use it after a ThorpyFX Fallout Cloud as a tone-shaper. All of the ThorpyFX  pedals I own have controls that are usable throughout their entire range - I can't say the same for the other low gain pedals I've owned - and this means they cover a lot of ground. For example, the Warthog I got to replace a ProCo RAT that hissed like a bag of rattlesnakes, does a surprising good job at low gain when wound down. Cranked, it's mental in a good way.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6835
    Bad Bob boost phenomenal for a lead boost into dirt. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 192
    I went on a bluesbreaker style spree for a good while. What I’ve found is that BB style pedals tack very well together - I guess  why the King of Tone is such an icon.

so my recommendation is either another BB pedal, like the Pantheon. Or a Klone. I personally don’t really like tubescreamers stacked into my Snouse BB so much.