Drilled the wrong tuner hole!

What's Hot
Hello friends 

So working on a tele neck and got some gotoh locking heads and the brushing wouldn't fit, did some googling and saw that 10mm is a standard on modern heads? 

Held a 10mm bit up to the blushing and looked like a match, but it's super loose now, checked the website for the heads and its 8mm, doh!

Lesson learned and o ly redrilled one hole, anything to be done about it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10697
    Glue and cross-grain dowel and redrill I guess
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    edited April 2020
    Hello friends 

So working on a tele neck and got some gotoh locking heads and the brushing wouldn't fit, did some googling and saw that 10mm is a standard on modern heads? 

Held a 10mm bit up to the blushing and looked like a match, but it's super loose now, checked the website for the heads and its 8mm, doh!

Lesson learned and o ly redrilled one hole, anything to be done about it?

Only thing I can thing of is to glue in a maple plug into the hole then re drill

or wrap tape arount the head to thicken it up so it fits the hole
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Drill them all and fit a set of 10mm heads. You wanted those anyway, didn't you?

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    ICBM said:
    Drill them all and fit a set of 10mm heads. You wanted those anyway, didn't you

That is actually not a bad idea
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    working on a tele neck and got some gotoh locking heads and the brushing wouldn't fit, did some googling and saw that 10mm is a standard on modern heads? 
    If your locking Gotoh 'heads are the Kluson lookalike Magnum type, it ought to be possible to use adapter bushings.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • all good ideas, i went for the quick and easy tape option and git it nice and snug, not quite as tight as the others but its my first build and its good enough for me

only just started doing this so there is a lot to learn!
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Buy conversion bushings