Lacquer Checking JM build

I picked up a rather lovely USA Fender Jazzmaster body a few months ago and have been slowly piecing parts together ever since. With my dream spec neck on order from Darren at Daniels Guitars I thought I'd better crack on with the jobs to do. Having shielded the body a few weeks ago, it was time to pluck up the courage and check the lacquer. Being a beautiful Aztec Gold, I knew if it went well it'd look the business (obviously if you like that kind of thing) so armed with a hairdryer, a can of compressed air and some mulched up coffee granules I set to work. 

I started on the back as I figured if it messed up, I could quit and it'd not be that bad. But in the end, it's a fairly straight forward job and I'm happy with the results. The Mastery trem and bridge are now also installed, it's ready to be sent to Darren for colour matching the headstock and set up.

Hope you enjoy the pics, ran out of compressed air so a little bit more to do, will finish that tomorrow.

Will post more pics once that Neck is here and Pickups/Wiring commences.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3220
    Wow, looks wicked that. Great work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited April 2020
    I've heard  about hairdryer or indeed freezer methods but coffee granules n compressed air too ? 

You didnt mention the " Lost Lager " either - methinks that had more of an influence than you're admitting :-) 

BTW - it does look excellent - more indoors pics appreciated 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom