Can I remove pickup covers off my BKP and a SD SSL-5?

What's Hot
Vein and pointless question...

Looks like the SSL-5 only comes with a white cover and my other pickups are cream, I don't want the bridge to look weird.

I currently have a BKP Trilogy Suite in the bridge and looking to replace it with the SD SSL-5.

Anyone know if I can remove the covers on both to switch them over?

Cheers
Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14568
    Yes. The plastic cover supplied with your SSL-5 is removable whenever the pickup is not mounted.

CAUTION: Not all Stratocaster pickup covers are created equal. Specifically, some are built to Imperial dimensions and some are Metric. Thus, my Oil City Diamond Geezer and Route 66 pickups will not wear Fender covers without alterations to the polepiece holes. 

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks @Funkfingers I haven't bought the SSL yet, but that's great to know. Looks like I need to be careful. My bet is that the BKP and SD would be different dimensions, given their manufacturing regions.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14568
    If you are ordering brand new, it ought to be possible to specify the colour of the pickup cover plastic from three or four options. White, black, “parchment”, minty green.

If you are ordering brand new, I strongly recommend the SSL-5T. The coil tap enables the output to be halved, making a better level balance when combined with the middle position pickup.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31650
    I put a Fender cover on my SSL-5. It's standard vintage Fender spacing, like most decent pickups unless they're specifically spaced for neck/bridge pole piece spacing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom