Anyone used a Kmise neck?

Spotted one on eBay with a Danelectro-style headstock that would be ideal for a project I'm mulling over (link).  Anyone with firsthand experience of one?  I'm not expecting miracles for £30, so "good enough" would probably do.
New fangled trading feedback link right here!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MLten80MLten80 Frets: 162
    Yep, extremely hit & miss

I dont bother with them now after 3 in a row crap ones

I had a few really good ones, then one with a slipping truss rod (gutted it was a nice looking one) & the last one with a 'rosewood' fretboard looked like bogwood& was really poorly fretted/wonky heel etc

I definitely think the quality has gone down with more demand 

All *usually* fixable but not worth the extra time once you account for hours of extra work

Just my opinion hth. 
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    MLten80 said:
    Yep, extremely hit & miss

I dont bother with them now after 3 in a row crap ones

I had a few really good ones, then one with a slipping truss rod (gutted it was a nice looking one) & the last one with a 'rosewood' fretboard looked like bogwood& was really poorly fretted/wonky heel etc

I definitely think the quality has gone down with more demand 

All *usually* fixable but not worth the extra time once you account for hours of extra work

Just my opinion hth. 
    Cheers.  I had a feeling QC might be spotty on them.  I'll give it some further thought.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • MLten80MLten80 Frets: 162
    edited April 2020
    If it's a uk seller you could probably send it back if its wank/not as pictured