eBay Content: An absolute bargain...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    These are the Japanese Hondo copies made by Tokai. Apparently very nice - I'd definitely like one.

That said, the guy selling that one is "fucking high" to quote Ben Folds. He had a white one, too, but that was scuffed up and while it started at something like a grand I'm sure he kept dropping the price and last I saw it was somewhere in the £200s.

I've had a few of these (sans stripes) and I remember a mate using one (the 2 pickup version) as his main gigging guitar for years. They're OK, but not worth crazy money. I'd have thought £150-£200 tops.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72680
    These are the Japanese Hondo copies made by Tokai. Apparently very nice - I'd definitely like one.
    The irony is that they will almost certainly be lighter and have a nicer neck profile than the real Fender version.

I've never particularly liked the slightly dumpy body shape and 'wrong' headstock of the originals either, so in fact the odder but more distinctive one on the Hondo might be preferable too.

I agree with Harry on pricing though... maybe £225 max in a shop.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bugilemanbugileman Frets: 58
    This has been on ebay for a long time, im sure it will be on there another year!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jfraze5150jfraze5150 Frets: 262
    Sometimes when you list things on ebay it suggests a price to you, and they are usually quite odd figures. £889 isn't a figure you'd usually think of when selling something... I think :)

Maybe eBay thinks it's a Honda?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom