How are you sharing recorded stuff?

Soundcloud, Dropbox, Youtube ?
Whats the best option for home recordings for friends and family, (not commercial).
Its all covers so what do i need to avoid (eg YT and their complex copyright strikes)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    edited April 2020
    You tube is fine, just set the listing to private and share the link with whoever you want .

Covers will almost certainly show up as Copyright claim....but this means nothing if you are not monetising the video.

And of course ....we are all friends here ....so we want a look in ;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655
    DropBox if I'm sending to a specific person / group of people.  SoundCloud for anyone to listen (linked from bands Face Book page)
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Is soundcloud streaming only or can a user also download a full copy?

Since lockdown started and our gigging band has been unable to get together, i've challenged myself to recording three tracks of acoustic guitar with my daughter. To help with her singing lessons and for me to fire up ye olde garageband. Its been great fun with very low tech use-what-i-have gear. Two complete. I will happily share if anyone's remotely interested.
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 322
    darius said:
    Is soundcloud streaming only or can a user also download a full copy?
    When you upload a file to Soundcloud, one of the options is to enable downloading. The default is off so you have to choose it to enable it.