Anyone used the boss br 80 or br 800?

My korg d4 is on its way out so I need to replace it. 
I’m after something easy to use , that I won’t need a lot of extra kit for .

i want to use it to record band practices, do demos of my own songs recorded with direct guitar , and be versatile enough to record stuff for my friends where they’ll be using acoustic guitar, vocals , and direct guitar . And effects for mixdown like reverb / echo etc .

I’ve looked at the Tascam , but looks like there’s no effects or anything so I’d need to buy something that’ll make guitars sound good. 
the boss stuff gets good reviews . I was looking at the br 80 and the br800 and wondering which would work best for me .

I wondered if anyone had tried any of these units and could offer advice and opinion?!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JotaJota Frets: 464
    I have the BR80.
    I don't use it in years and it's actually at a friend's house for months.
    Not the easiest multi-track recorder but will do what you want. The mic recordings are pretty decent.
  • ianian Frets: 17
    I have the BR800 and wrote a review of it in the last message of the following thread, back in 2010: https://www.soundonsound.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=171202

To this day, I suspect the internal mics on my example are rather defective. But I've been happy to just use an SM58 and perhaps my Rode NT-1A.