NSSOD

prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3992
First things first, I ordered this back in December (in The Before Times) and though I did consider cancelling when the virus hit the fan I thought it was best to honour the commitment. And I wanted it.

I'd been in the market for a strat with with 2 knobs, vintageish pickups, 6 screw trem and a satin maple neck and fretboard, and such a thing just doesn't exist.

Came close to going for a USA Schecter Wembley, a Vigier Expert 54 or a Music Man Cutlass but all of those would have been compromising on something so I got a quote from Haar for my exact specifications and ended up with this. For less than any of the above, maybe even second hand. Would have been even more of a bargain if the pound hadn't gone to shit. 

It's 9.5" radius, C profile, ABM bridge, hipshot locking tuners (I did ask for Schaller but these look smart and do the job so not really fussed)

Klein 62 pickups

I'd originally asked for an unfinished/oiled fretboard and neck but Erik persuaded me to go with the satin lacquer for stability, it looks and feels great so I'm glad I did.

I've only had chance to try it through the THR so far but it sounds pretty good to me. I might disconnect the bridge pickup from the tone knob though, it sounds a touch masked/dull. Though that means it sounds pretty good with a lot of gain.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Very nice! HNGD :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    Happy NoisySod or whatever it stands for day !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3992
    Jalapeno said:
    Happy NoisySod or whatever it stands for day !
    Strat Shaped Object