Pickup repairs

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7861
just in case it gets overlooked in the other thread, now that Andy has retired, who is the most-recommended repair guy to send my customer's broken pickups to ?

I've got an RG7321 with a dead bridge pickup that needs someone's TLC.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rprrpr Frets: 310
    Ask Ash at Oil City,http://www.oilcitypickups.co.uk/index.html
     He's got some posts about pickup repairing in the modding section

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72774
    Having seen the work he did on the dead Rickenbacker horseshoe pickup, I'd definitely recommend Ash as well. (AKA TheGuitarWeasel.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Hey @TheGuitarWeasel what is your turnaround time on standard rewinds please?

As well as providing a quality rewind, Andy used to have a turnaround of not much more than 24 hours.

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10836
    tFB Trader
    It does vary a little I must say ... but I can usually do 24hrs if it's a rush job. As I am really stupidly busy making pickups I have to major on time management at the moment :)

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7861
    PM sent :)

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7861
    nice work from the Weasel, guitar sounding as good as a 7 string can ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Nice easy problem to solve as it turned out ... makes a nice change to destroyed bass pickups :)

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72774
    destroyed
    Ah, that was the word I was looking for! "Dead" didn't really convey the level of vandalism involved.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited September 2013 tFB Trader
    I recently done another Rick 4001 pickup ... what is with people and bass pickups? In the couple of  months:  a ripped up Rick, two junked JBs, a pulverized Precision and a total Ernie Balls up!

Do you know what happens when someone tries to lever the 'lid' of a MM pickup with a screwdriver and a desert spoon?
    Amazingly I do now :(

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom