confused about Focusrite power supply

What's Hot
Hi folks

I've just taken my studio apart to re-organise, and now I can't work out which power supply goes with the Focusrite 6i6. I've got two contenders. Is one correct?

IMG-4312 IMG-6263

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33836
    It is probably the second one.

What does it say on the interface in terms of the current required?
    Those supplies are basically the same, the top one supplied 1A, the second 1.5A.

I thought the 6i6 power supply was 12v, 1.25A though.
    Better to use an overrated power supply than undersupplying current.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1963
    Which model of Focusrite? I have the Scarlet 6i6. Th PSU is rated at 12v 1.2A so that would be the 2nd one. Mine also looks like your 2nd one, it has the detachable plug / pin configuration.
  • ijontyijonty Frets: 32
    exocet said:
    Which model of Focusrite? I have the Scarlet 6i6. Th PSU is rated at 12v 1.2A so that would be the 2nd one. Mine also looks like your 2nd one, it has the detachable plug / pin configuration.
    Not sure how to tell which model it is. Do I need the box for that?

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
    ijonty said:
    exocet said:
    Not sure how to tell which model it is. Do I need the box for that?

Just re-read your original post. You have a 6i6 so it is the PSU in 2nd picture.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Great thanks!

Hmmmm, now I've got a hard drive left over with no PSU that fits it. Only the one in the 2nd picture fits into the socket, which I've now allocated to the focusrite. Could I swap them round without a problem, or is that a bad idea?

Anyone able to help with this? Or does it not matter which I use?

You can swap them around (I’m assuming that these are the 2 power supplies that you started out with)? 

You won’t damage anything by changing them around - it sounds like you have appliances that have different physical sized sockets for the PSU which is common. Both of those PSUs have centre positive connection at 12 volts, the difference is that the 2nd one can supply more current (amps) than the first. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33836
    This. ^^^
    ... and invest in a labeller.
    Every single wall wart and power supply in my studio is labelled so I don't have to guess.