Recording On Android Smartphone (for a total moron!)

Last time I tried to record anything at home was about 1998 when I was 16 yr old, using a Tascam 4-track tape recorder. That's as far as  my technological expertise has extended with recording.

Lockdown has me bored and wanting to have a go again, but don't have a functioning laptop, just an Android phone. I've downloaded 'Bandlab' for the phone which seems to allow multitrack recording, but as things stand all I can use is my budget phone's rather iffy mic to try and record the sound in the room for each track. Not ideal.

I have a Helix Stomp, which the manual informs me can function as an Audio Interface that can be used straight into a DAW (whatever the hell that means!), which sounds wonderful but how the heck do I get the signal from the Stomp straight into my phone? (Ideally with spending the absolute bare minimum/zero ££s!).

With any replies, please assume that you're talking to a below average 7 year old in terms of comprehension of technical stuff. I'm genuinely clueless!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• billzabozobillzabozo Frets: 62
    Hopefully you've already sorted this out but if not; most android headphones sockets will also take a TRRS 3.5mm input as a direct in so all you would need is a 1/4 jack from source to 3.5mm TRRS cable into the phone. (this does depend on the the age of the phone but generally this will work).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom