Gibson Poor Excuse

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    ICBM said:
    Just have it refinished in a *nice* colour.

Like black ;).
    And be forever polishing off the finger marks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    ICBM said:
    Just have it refinished in a *nice* colour.

Like black ;).
    And be forever polishing off the finger marks.

Leaving behind a load of swirly polish marks :)
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3972
    I have a black nitro guitar, it looks and feels great.
  • I believe that if the same instruments leaves the factory without that Gibson name on the headstock yet carries that prices tag, the company who makes that wouldn't be in business for very long. The bashing as people call it isn't really just not his forum, it's on every one I've been on that isn't gibson centric and I think that speaks volumes.
    Agreed, it's a real shame about the inconsistent QC. Getting a nice one can be a real mission, but by the time I finally bought mine I'd wanted that particular one for over a decade, having considered and tried various alternatives. 

Seven years on, the grain in the nitro is starting to wear smooth in a couple of places, there are a couple of slight dings here and there despite my best efforts to baby it as much as possible.

Then again, seven years on, I'm also starting to fade, wear out slightly and pick up random dings, so arguably we're ageing gracefully together. :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited June 2014
    Oh did I mention that the first version of this model I had had to go back for A) Neck twisted and B) all the finish delaminated away from body around BOTH Tail Stop Studs!! That was all of 3 months from new too! Same colour/spec...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>