Cover Challenge #9 - Voting

What's Hot
This is the vote for the 9th fretboard cover challenge. The entries can be found in the following playlist

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/cover-challenge-no9-everyones

All that is required is to pick your top three and post them in the thread below. 

Points are awarded as follows - 5 points for first place, 3 points for second place and 1 point for third place.

Entrants obviously aren't allowed to vote for themselves. Voting closes at 11.30pm on  Saturday 2nd May.
In the event of a tie for first place one of the modmins will be our head judge and have the casting vote. 

The entry with the most points gets to pick the next song to be covered. 

ALL ENTRANTS PLEASE HAVE YOUR IDEAS READY FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE. YOU WILL HAVE ONLY 48HRS AFTER VOTING CLOSES TO MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR SONG CHOICE. IF YOU FAIL TO DO SO THEN I'LL END UP CHOOSING IT FOR YOU! 

Good luck 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Oh my days!...

three bangers this time...

5pts to mr @flying_pie love love love soad...

Splitting the other two Is hard tbh.

3pts to @stratman3142 - simply because it made me think of the cantina scene in starwars which I am now watching on dvd...

1pt to @IMC1980 - excellent as usual but just beaten coz of the cantina reminder...

Top work again all round... will hopefully join in again on the next one.

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 146
    Great job both of you! For me, @flying_pie has mashed up our subject matter with one of my favourite tracks of the 00's and fucking nailed it. Amazing job and we'll worth the 5 points! @stratman3142; I enjoyed the cheeky wah melody line in yours, it sounded like you had some fun with this one. 
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 586
    All damn fine versions guys, all a million times better than the original!  For me, and unfortunately my rock bias came in here, the results are:

5 points : @IMC1980 - I think basically I'm becoming a fanboy ha ha.  Just really well done and slickly produced, sounded great.
    3 points : @flying_pie - really clever, and has sent me down a SOAD rabbit hole for the rest of the day.
    1 point : @stratman3142 - its a really great version, and very well done, just the other two more in my current wheelhouse.

• flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1817
    Good job guys. Shame a couple of our regulars were unable to join the fun this time but it's still a great playlist.

I'll give my 5 points to @IMC1980 and 3points to @stratman3142 ;

It was very close. I loved the lighthearted feelgood of Stratman with some tasty licks as we've come to redirect but IMC just pipped him with a more laid back side to the usual impeccably produced hard rock 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2201
    I can only vote for two and they're both very creative interpretations. In the end it boils down to my taste in music, which is more old school.

5 points : @IMC1980 :  An epic bluesy rock version that builds well. Love the vocals

3 points : @flying_pie : Very imaginative and crazy. Solid tight guitar riffing.

It's not a competition.
    Voting closed
    edited May 2020
    Ooooooooo... it’s a tie!.... I reckon whatever is the final choice for next time @flying_pie and @IMC1980 should have to do a collaboration!!!!!

Now where’s a modmin when you need one?
    poopot said:
    Ooooooooo... it’s a tie!.... I reckon whatever is the final choice for next time @flying_pie and @IMC1980 should have to do a collaboration!!!!!
    I think that idea isn't fair on @IMC1980 ;

He's a seasoned pro and introducing him to the madness of the flying_pie could be a toxic drug he shouldn't be exposed to!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    poopot said:

He's a seasoned pro and introducing him to the madness of the flying_pie could be a toxic drug he shouldn't be exposed to!
    Not even a renée & renato type duet?
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 146
    edited May 2020
    poopot said:
    poopot said:

Not even a renée & renato type duet?

LOL. For a long time I've thought that when the song is right for it I'll be doing a G4/Il Divo version 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2201
    edited May 2020
    poopot said:
    Ooooooooo... it’s a tie!.... 

Well done @IMC1980 and @flying_pie ;;

At least I came second (or is that third)

It's not a competition.
    Yep, well done you three... 

Shoulder is still boorked but it’s liveable with so I should be in for the next one!...

if we get it going quick I reckon there will be a lot more “lockdown” entrants!!!!
    I've made an executive dictatorial rule change.

IMC and I will each name a track in the hope that having a choice of two might drum up more entries for the rebranded Lockdown Cover Challenge 

IMC and I will each name a track in the hope that having a choice of two might drum up more entries for the rebranded Lockdown Cover Challenge 
    Cracking idea supreme leader...

can we enter for both if we so wish?
    poopot said:

Cracking idea supreme leader...

can we enter for both if we so wish?
    RTF Rules 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom