Jaguar bridge pickup ideas ? .

What's Hot
Any suggestions on a more vintage looking pickup  for this Allparts Jaguar  build.

Was put together by the previous owner from a Allparts neck / body and some parts from  his " upgraded " pre CBS jaguar including the Switches and celluloid pickguard .

Sadly he modded to sixties pickguard to accomadate Dimarzio pickup which is not really in keeping with the vintage / relic look . 
I know the easiest option would be to replace the pickguard but would like to keep it   .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7063
    tFB Trader
    A Jazzmaster pickup?
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3235
    Is that pickup a p90 size, looks like it might be? If so, go p90 or even more left field and get mojo to do a p90 sized filtertron. Neither will ever look ‘right’ but they might look nicely eccentric. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72549
    I think the biggest problem is the colour mismatch between the green guard and the cream DiMarzio. I would put a black P90 in it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3498
    If you want to get a new pickguard and go for another Jaguar sized pickup, I'd go for a Creamery dark line

He has some other interesting Jag pickups as well.

• musicalstashmusicalstash Frets: 53
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for the suggestions,    originally wanted to do install a jazzmaster pickup but haven't got the tools to do a clean job on the routing.  

May go for a P90 staple pickup but wasn't sure what colour cover to go for,  was tempted for a gold foil style after seeing this..  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72549
    Would a Firebird pickup with the metal surround also fit or cover the four screw holes? If so, one of those. You can never have too much chrome :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    I have to admit, my first thought was gold foil.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1487
    The DiMarzio was a P90 replacement pickup, so you would be able to fit any soapbar sized pickup in there.  I'm with @SteveRobinson in saying that a Jazzmaster would look best.   If you have a decent round and flat file, you would be able to extend the scratchplate hole to fit the Jazzmaster.  The body routing can be done with a drill (carefully) and a chisel.  I just got a set of the new Bare Knuckle Jazzmaster pickups for my Jagmaster (cross between a Jazzmaster and Jaguar), which I'm hoping to get working on in a couple of weeks (sorry about the blurry pic, but it's back in bits now, waiting for me to fill and re-rout the body.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14553
    TV Jones - to name but one - makes 'Trons in P90 format housings. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom