Bass preamp query for home use? (cheapish)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    JezWynd said:
    JezWynd said:
    I think I finally (and definitively) sorted a bass preamp pedal...

I love this pedal, the distortion sound is wonderful; turn the blend control to 8 o'clock and it sounds as if your strings are coated in finest cashmere, a smooth dense hint of fuzziness. I imagine the full size unit allows switching between clean and distortion with a footswitch, while on the Nano you need to manually turn the blend knob but it isn't a problem for me as it lives on a desk in easy reach. The variable positioning of the EQ gives access to a variety of sounds - the black tone controls alter the clean  sound, while Tone acts on the distortion circuit. It's a remarkably well designed bit of kit which allows for the two sounds - dist and clean to run in tandem. It's gorgeous. :)
    Please please please please get rid of that rigid jack connector before you break your Battalion and/or Ricochet.
    I've never had a problem with them, provided each pedal is a perfect match, otherwise, see left.
    When you put pressure on one, to turn the footswitch on/off, adjust controls etc, you are putting angular pressure through the rigid jack adapter into the jack socket of the other pedal, and this risks distorting the inside of the jack socket, or worse even applying pressure to any direct-to-board jack solder joints. It's just not worth it for the sake of using a proper patch cable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom