SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Gibson Gospel 1994 100th Anniversary Edition - £1k posted

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
edited May 2020 in Acoustics £
Hey you crazy cats!

Scored this lovely thing from here about 3 months ago, and it's a beauty but...  having only played parlour stylee acoustics for years previously it's just ... so ... BIG (fnarr).  Far more power than I can handle.

Looking ideally to swap it for something smaller, with appropriate cash adjustment if necessary.  Parlours.  Bluesy things.  An L-00 or L-1 would be perfect.  Show me what you've got: tobacco/walnut sunbursts to the front of the queue.

Otherwise, I'll sell for what I paid: £1k straight, plus shipping where necessary you lot drive a hard bargain, so I'll cover the shipping.  Would prefer not to have to post but in these days of social distancing will probably have to pack it up tight for you, or sit tight until we are actually allowed to, you know, meet people again.

Story on these 1990s reissues is that after a short lived production run in the '70's aimed at church style players, in 1992 Gibson again offered the Gospel acoustic model. The reissue differs from the original 70s largely laminated versions in that Gibson chose mahogany over maple for the reissue, but kept the sculpted, convex back that allows for more bottom end resonance, apparently.

This version of the Gospel guitar has multiple white binding, solid mahogany sides and back. The unbound maple neck was topped with a rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlays. The braces were scalloped like those on the more expensive models.  Then in 1994 Gibson produced this 100th Anniversary Model, with Dove logo on the headstock.

It's in lovely condition for a 26 year old guitar: nitro starting to check, few minor bumps but nothing major or structural.  Probably the most significant are lines in the nitro on each side of the neck leading to the sound hole that I've tried to picture.

Comes in original brown case with pink lining, leather strap and removable DiMarzio pickup.

Original sales thread with links to a whole bunch more pictures here.  

Pictures!

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• harrisonlg81harrisonlg81 Frets: 229
    Hi, I’m not looking to trade etc but I have a Gibson CS Keb Mo Bluesmaster I’m considering parting with if that’s something you’d be interested in.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy_StringsAndy_Strings Frets: 207
    I brought this actual guitar home from Nashville, it's got a great tone and a hell of a a volume.  I hope it goes to somebody who'll love it.
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    edited May 2020
    I brought this actual guitar home from Nashville, it's got a great tone and a hell of a a volume.  I hope it goes to somebody who'll love it.
    That explains the airline check in sticker on the case! Good to fill in a bit of its history.

Tell me tell me tell me where you got it? In twisted contrast to the model name, from a crossroads outside Clarksdale around midnight?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Hi, I’m not looking to trade etc but I have a Gibson CS Keb Mo Bluesmaster I’m considering parting with if that’s something you’d be interested in.
    Very possibly: much depends on the neck, as I read yours is wider/flatter radius than ‘normal’... much also depends on whether anybody wants a bit of Gospel in their soulless lives :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Hallelujah! 

Brothers and sisters, is anyone ready to testify?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    In response to a few queries I've done a bit of measuring on this one.

Most importantly, the nut: such published info as I've been able to find suggests a width of 1 11/16" / 42.86 mm.  But after carefully controlled experiments in our climate controlled bunker I can now confirm that this one seems to be dead on 1 3/4" / 44.45 mm.

Lower bout at widest point = 40 cm
    Waist at narrowest = 28.6 cm.

Other measurements are available by special request...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nobody wants a bit of Gospel in their faithless, heretical lives?  I forgive you :lol:

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Any of you schismatics want a lovely old Gibson acoustic, starting to develop *that* patina?  
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Price revision: £1,000 posted.  It's bargaintastic!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    In response to a couple of questions, the serial number is 92994046, which apparently translates to 26 October 1994.  
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Sold
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer