Who could build me a reasonably-priced fano-style body?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3893
    GSPBASSES said:
    @hessodreamy what version of the guitar are you looking to buy? As I might be interested in taking the job on, I could certainly make it for less then £240 (body only) particularly if it’s the solid flattop version. If it’s a thin line version with the sculpted top then it would be £240, this is presuming you’re not looking for mahogany with a flame maple cap. There is also the question of the neck if you already have it then I would need a few measurements or the actual neck to make sure the neck pocket fitted and the bridge was in the right place. 

I might make the jigs anyway, and then make one as I need a break from Fender type guitars and before I get stuck into these Gibsons type builds. 

These would be very cool; I don’t need another guitar, let alone a build but the mention of these peaks my interest too. 
    Me too! Or how about a Fender Toronado? Ever done one of them @GSPBASSES ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • greggreg66greggreg66 Frets: 504
    Do an RB6! 
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 724
    Got to admit, this has peaked my interest too. I have a RB6 standard here if it helps for measurements etc. It differs from the plans you have as either the neck or the pocket has an angle to it, the fingerboard isn’t parallel to the top of the body if that makes sense. My standard has a wrap around bridge, so guess they changed it for that. But a hollow body with a trem/bigsby would be cracking.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    GSPBASSES said:
    @hessodreamy what version of the guitar are you looking to buy? As I might be interested in taking the job on, I could certainly make it for less then £240 (body only) particularly if it’s the solid flattop version. If it’s a thin line version with the sculpted top then it would be £240, this is presuming you’re not looking for mahogany with a flame maple cap. There is also the question of the neck if you already have it then I would need a few measurements or the actual neck to make sure the neck pocket fitted and the bridge was in the right place. 

I might make the jigs anyway, and then make one as I need a break from Fender type guitars and before I get stuck into these Gibsons type builds. 

@hessodreamy - just in case you haven't had a chance to see any of it, @GSPBASSES work is absolutely top notch. If what he's suggesting is within your budget I would personally jump at the chance. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3498
    I wanted a fano rb6 thinline style body. I found saylor guitars (alpine-oregon) in the US who does a rivolta combinata, which is close, and says he’ll do it as a thinline for £140, which I’m down with, but with shipping and duties it’s another £100. 

I’d rather not pay that much or, if I did, have it go into the build itself and not logistics. 

I checked the builders list here but they seemed out of my price range. Any more budget-focussed builders who might be able to help?

Solid body, but Waterslide Guitars have a Fano ish guitar out soon for $1250

If GSP could make a body like the above, I think it'd look great with a Tele half bridge like the Waterslide ones.

• hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 118
    @GSPBASSES sent you a message