Programming drums...

poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
I am hopeless at this... I always fall back on apples “drummer”... however, I have to do a version of “good souls” by starsailor...

a big ask I know, but... is there anyone that could program me a midi drum track? Pretty please?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14553
    How much in-depth editing do you do on the Apple A.I. Drummer track?

With the drum part displayed in Piano Roll format, it is easy to drag, enter or erase to get what you require. I find that it helps enormously to possess a pair of drumsticks. Air drum the part that you think the song needs, then, figure out how it would be notated. If necessary, cheat by temporarily lowering the tempo. Air drumming also serves as a reminder that it is only physically possible to beat four pieces of the kit at any one time.

Study drum tuition DVDs. (I continue to find Neil Peart's Taking Center Stage particularly helpful. It rarely hurts to aim high.) I cannot pretend to play drums but I can apply my brain to composing what I want the kit to be playing. 

poopot said:
    is there anyone who could program me a midi drum track? 
    This will require drum notation transcribing and sight reading skills that I do not possess. Sorry.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10452
    That's a pretty common beat and your probably find something close enough on Youtube which you can use 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjptpevD37A  for example ...but if you look harder your probably get closer 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 587
    poopot said:
    I am hopeless at this... I always fall back on apples “drummer”... however, I have to do a version of “good souls” by starsailor...

a big ask I know, but... is there anyone that could program me a midi drum track? Pretty please?
    Yes, drop me a line … will do what I can.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7297
    Air drumming also serves as a reminder that it is only physically possible to beat four pieces of the kit at any one time.
    Unless you're Thomas Lang
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Big thank to @Bezzer who sorted this v quickly!!!!