SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Firebird copy pickguard (pickups, neck, machineheads etc sold)

ICBMICBM Frets: 72511
edited July 2020 in Parts £
These are some parts from a bolt-on Firebird copy, suitable for a project - from what I understand it was a Westfield, and the rest of it met a nasty end...

The neck is maple, appears in pretty decent condition although the headstock face has been badly sanded and the fret ends could do with some attention. The headstock is 'non-reverse'. 24-3/4" scale so will *not* fit on a Fender-type body without some adjustment to the bridge position. £30

The pickups measure 8.4K each and seem well-made - they're quite heavy and feel chunky. £20 each

The machineheads are a complete set and do have the threaded collars and washers (not in the pic) - £20 the set

Pickguard - reverse style - £10

All including postage.

I also have the tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece if you need them, but I can just as easily use them myself so not including them just now.

Neck, machineheads and pickups sold. Pickguard still available.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    You have a message...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14526
    So, which of the bits have been assimilated into the H7 Collective?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72511
    None yet. Still all available at the moment.

I also found the original nut, if it helps anyone - it’s a fairly decent hard plastic. Definitely from the neck since the mark from the miniscule amount of glue used is still visible :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Neck and machineheads sold to the man with the, er... many... guitars ;).

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    ICBM said:
    Neck and machineheads sold to the man with the, er... many... guitars ;).

Indeed they have.
    Indeed I have.
    :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

Pickups and pickguard still available.

Bump for cheap Firebird pickups and pickguard.

Pickups and pickguard still available.

• MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    hmm, am I correct in thinking the FB pickups can sit in a P90 route and still be mounted to the body via the rings?
    www.theflyingacesband.com
    MattNovak said:
    hmm, am I correct in thinking the FB pickups can sit in a P90 route and still be mounted to the body via the rings?
    Not without gluing some small blocks into the corners. The Firebird mounting ring is only about 1mm longer and 3mm wider than a P90 soapbar cover, so the screws sit just inside the corners of the P90 rout.

• MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    Ah-ha. I've not even got the router out yet, so food for thought. 
    www.theflyingacesband.com
    edited July 2020
    Pickups sold.

Just the pickguard left now.

Pickguard still available - £10 including postage.