SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Gibson S-1 Pickups.

What's Hot
MototechMototech Frets: 102
I've come accross a Gibson S-1 that is missing 2 of it's original Bill Lawrence single coil pickups. It has the middle, but bridge & neck have been replaced by humbuckers. I know they are like hens teeth, but is there anything out there?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6717
    Damn. You're making me pissed off with myself for selling my S-1.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14545
    edited May 2020
    I suspect that the solution is to acquire another Gibson S-1.

Unless the humbuckers are Stratocaster-sized, you are probably also going to need an unmolested scratchplate and pickup selector.

If the middle pickup is in good working order, perhaps it can be replicated and a calibrated set of three created from scratch.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • MototechMototech Frets: 102
    I suspect that the solution is to acquire another Gibson S-1.

Unless the humbuckers are Stratocaster-sized, you are probably also going to need an unmolested scratchplate and pickup selector.

If the middle pickup is in good working order, perhaps it can be replicated and a calibrated set of three created from scratch.

The problem there is S-1's are now fetching strong money, a nice one as much as £1500. Scratch plate & selector wouldn't be a problem,  but the pickups themselves are totally unique.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72527
    There’s one on Ebay in the US right now - it’s only one, has a broken screw tab (fixable I think), and is about £100 including shipping, but it would be a start...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MototechMototech Frets: 102
    ICBM said:
    There’s one on Ebay in the US right now - it’s only one, has a broken screw tab (fixable I think), and is about £100 including shipping, but it would be a start...

Thanks, I saw that one, just need number 3 then.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7063
    tFB Trader
    The same pickups were in the G3 bass, check eBay for those too. Remember that the middle one is RWRP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12669
    There are a couple on reverb...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom