I need very specific tuners

What's Hot
VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
edited May 2020 in Making & Modding
I'm struggling a bit here. I picked up a Squier Subsonic and it's great, but it really needs some locking tuners. What I want are a set of 6L Schaller M6 left handed two pin (8mm from the centre of the pins to the centre of the shaft, unlike the official Fender two pin sets around) staggered locking tuners, preferably in chrome as this guitar is already so black that even Spinal Tap would think it's a bit much. They definitely exist, but they seem to be sold out everywhere so if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4158
    edited May 2020
    Got a model number? Sounds like a challenge!  B

*Edit* Pics of the subsonic required - they rock
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    edited May 2020
    Got a model number? Sounds like a challenge!  B

*Edit* Pics of the subsonic required - they rock
    Oh that seems like a smart place to start, I'll try and find it. They're these: https://www.btnmusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/1003.jpg
    Yeah, once it's pimped a little but I'll allow it to have its photo taken, may stick some Deathbuckers in there first!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2020
    Cool, thanks.

Stupid question though - where are you getting the 8mm from? Looks like those ones use 10mm tuner holes - on the rear of the headstock at least! Bushings on the front should be much the same.

*edit* Also here, looks like all of the M6 pins use 10mm posts:

https://schaller.info/media/image/f0/8a/8c/M6_1003.jpg
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Sorry that was incredibly non-specific of me, the 8mm is the distance from the pins to the centre of the shaft, not the width of the holes on the headstock! I'll edit that in the first post, that's unhelpful. The standard two pin Fender tuners are closer to 11mm, so waaay too far apart for the Squier.
    Oooooooh! I see what you mean, no worries - thought I was missing something! :)
    Might be best emailing Schaller directly? I’ve had quick responses from them in the past - direct from their MD too! :open_mouth: 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14553
    Schaller provides accurate dimensions and technical drawings on their website.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    Might be best emailing Schaller directly? I’ve had quick responses from them in the past - direct from their MD too! :open_mouth: 
    Me too :)