SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Interesting Delay pedal/s

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Hey mate, i have the Old Blood Noise 'black fountain' oil can delay - really interesting tones. I really enjoy using this pedal but don't have much use for it at the moment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4046
    I've got two going: 
    a Catalinbread Echorec -- does simple repeats and multi-taps.  Basically a version of the Binson. 

an Ibenez ES2 -- again has simple duties covered but also has a lot of modulation available which always feels like it shouldn't work but actually works really well live (remember live?).  A bit like the Belle Epoch in that respect too.

• @HoraceB is selling a Delay Llama Xtreme. That's supposed to be the wasps willy. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9612
    @HoraceB is selling a Delay Llama Xtreme. That's supposed to be the wasps willy. 
    This is the one.

Ive played that exact pedal, and it was so good that i ordered a CS version.

Best always on delay ive played.

Stephen, just buy it :)
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8191
    It looks a great pedal but it doesn't quite do what I want. Let me elaborate.

I've got an Empress Echosystem at the moment which is wonderful but overkill for me and will be going on the block shortly. I only need about 3 or 4 delay sounds. The problem is that delay pedal makers don't seem to like making the changing of presets easy. I hate having to press and hold for a couple of seconds, then tap several times to scroll, then tap again. I find it really frustrating. The TC Alter Ego X4 is great but just too colossal.

My solution is to get a rock solid 'basic' delay pedal such as the TC Alter Ego and then have something else I can kick on for some more shoegazey ambient stuff. The second one has to have presets. I'd never need more than one sound from it during a song so I wouldn't be needing to change presets - just switch it on and off when needed, making sure it's set to the right preset before the song.

I actually love the look of the Matthews Cosmonaut as the second one - I know it's possibly more reverby than straight delay but it might do what I want. The sounds on it seem wonderful. That or a Source Audio Collider but that in itself is way beyond what I need.

So that's where I'm at. Thanks for all the suggestions, folks.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Worth also thinking about a decent midi switcher for the empress to unlock simpler preset switching. Morningstar MC3 or Disaster Area DMC3?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 445
    Digitech Obscura might work for you, very compact and does some wacky stuff too
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8191
    russpm said:
    No presets...  :/
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hattigol said:
    russpm said:
    Sorry, I mis-read your post. I’ll have another think
    Hattigol said:
    russpm said:
    Boss DD 200?
  • EskerEsker Frets: 80
    Jam delay llama basic version...simple and sounds beautiful, not your usual dark analog repeats.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7852

The Neo series of Alexander pedals have four presets built in (16 if you use midi) so one of those might be worth looking into - there was one for sale on here the other day.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister