NGD: Reverend Double Agent OG

What's Hot
TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
edited May 2020 in Guitar
After a couple of false starts looking for a 4th electric over the last fortnight (ostensibly to string with 11s for slide) this is the winner.

Reverend Double Agent OG in midnight black.

Reverend must produce some of the  best sub £1k guitars on the market now. 

The Humbucker/P90 combination pairs really well with no volume mismatch.

Construction seems very good throughout. Light flame on the roasted maple fretboard.

My favourite neck is the 65C on my CS Strat. Compared to that there’s less of a taper (if any) so it’s probably slightly thicker at the nut but remains thinner than the Strat is further down. The shoulders are possibly a bit steeper. Frets are listed medium jumbo but they feel more like jumbo to me, wider and taller than my strat.

If I could change one thing I’d add softened fretboard edges.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chotu495chotu495 Frets: 356
    Very nice  :) Gonna make an effort to try one once the Zombie Apocalypse is over.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    These are excellent guitars - interestingly @TINMAN82 the one I have for sale has had the Fretboard edges rolled by its previous owner. I really love the bass contour knob - makes for a great bit of flexibility 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 956
    I love every Reverend I see. Particularly interested in the pink 390
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    joetele said:
    I love every Reverend I see. Particularly interested in the pink 390
    Yeah they actually look better full size, in the flesh too. Probably something to do with looking at small pictures of slightly “wrong” versions of the typical shapes our eyes are used to!

They have a cool retro vibe going on and all the design choices seem well thought out. High quality components, locking tuners etc and competitively priced. I’m impressed. As the chap at merchant city music said, people are often quickly looking for their second Reverend.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited May 2020
    That's very cool, I'm really glad guitar makers are moving away from strat teles and lp copies, 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10914
    Heard nothing but good things about these, congrats
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    That's very cool, I'm really glad guitar makers are moving away from strat teles and lp copies, 
    Indeed, although the Fender/Gibson influences on the styling are very obvious. I like that they’ve chosen specific things and make a point of improving them, keeping these things as signature improvements across the line. Attention to detail too, as all guitars have final assembly/inspection/setup at HQ in the USA. The bass contour in particular makes for versatility and I’ve already found
    myself working the guitar controls more then usual.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3667
    I have one of the old American Reverend guitars. It's got the most amazing neck.